OVERVIEW AND RESTRICTION TYPES
Conditional Activity Access allows you to restrict specific content based on conditions and create custom learning paths for your students within courses.
- Require students to complete activity before proceeding
- Prevent access until (or from) a specified date and time.
- Require students to achieve a specified grade.
- Allow only students who belong to a specified group or branch
- Prevent access until a relative time is reached before/after a course or user date
These restrictions can also be nested to apply complex logic.
STEP 1: ENSURE YOU ARE IN EDITING MODE
Step 1.1: Click on "Edit course material":
STEP 2: SET THE RESTRICTIONS
Step 2.1: Click on "Edit", followed by "Edit settings" for the activity you wish to place the restriction on:
Note: This can also be done to topics:
Step 2.2: Scroll down and click on "Restrict access", followed by "Add restriction":
You will get a range of activity restriction types, click on your preference, then set the condition:
Note: You can also add multiple conditions to one activity.
Step 2.3: Once you're done, click and "Save and return to course". You will then see the condition set on your course:
STEP 3: HIDING ACTIVITIES WITH RESTICTED ACCESS
If you do not want your students to see the activities that are upcoming in your learning path, then be sure to click on the hide icon when setting your access restrictions:
This will then hide upcoming activities and students will only see these activities when the conditions are met.